April 22, 2011

God must be preparing us for babies...

At 4:30 this morning, Jordan & I were woken up by a sick doggy :( They both sleep in our room on their beds, so we weren't sure who the culprit was, we decided to just put both of them in their crates. Jordan always lets them out to go potty before he goes to work & I just happened to be up when he left, Emme wasn't coming inside when he called her, so I gave it a try... as she came running towards me I noticed immediately that something was wrong. Her entire face was swollen :( I had never seen anything like it! Our dogs are definitely like our kids, so we hate it when they don't feel good. I took her to the vet as soon as they opened, the Veterinarian wasn't sure if it was a bee sting or a spider bite, either way she said to definitely keep an eye on the dogs when they are outside. They are both so curious about everything & have been caught chasing after bees on more than one occasion :-/  

Our poor baby girl on the way to the vet :(

Miserable at the vet.

Breaking my heart :(

After her Benadryl she passed out on my lap.

Stuff like this definitely gives us little glimpses into parenthood, although a human baby being sick will be much more heartbreaking I'm sure. Praying for a quick recovery for our sweet Emme girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment