December 15, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

**Side note: As I was looking through the pictures from our last post, I realized that we didn't take any pictures with The Richards family! WHAT?! I don't even know how that happened?! I will definitely be better at getting pictures on Christmas :))


The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year, yes it is! We have started a few traditions of our own for Christmas since being married & we loved being able to start them up again the day after Thanksgiving. We took down all of our Fall decorations the day after Thanksgiving & got down all of our Christmas decorations from the attic. Jordan could barely hardly wait to get them all up, he is like a little elf ;) The first Christmas we celebrated as an engaged couple, my Aunt & Uncle got Jordan & I a village set - a couple of houses, some people, fake snow, trees & some snowmen. Jordan love love loves putting it up - it's his little project. I usually do the mantle & try to find places for all of the other little decorations we have accumulated. My Mom has given us a lot of decorations that she wasn't using & we are so grateful! We have carried on our tradition of watching Christmas movies in the days leading up to Christmas, that's probably one of our favorite things :) We purchased our tree last weekend! LOVE the smell of a real tree, fake trees aren't allowed in our house lol We bought a set of pretty bulbs last year, my Mom gave me some of my childhood ornaments, along with some very special ornaments that her & my Nanny made. We received a few as gifts last year also, and enjoy looking at those & putting them on the tree too. One of the last times we were at the cabin, while Jordan was chopping wood, I gathered up some baby pinecones that were scattered around the cabin - I knew that I wanted to use them for something, I just wasn't sure what! Well, they became part of the centerpiece on our kitchen table! We love looking at them & know that they came from someplace special :) We are looking forward to celebrating with our families in just 9 short days! We can hardly believe that the year is almost over!

Here are some pictures of our decorations around the house...
Our beautiful "Richards" mantle.

 Stockings hung by the chimney with care...






Love these little trees!




Love & Blessings,
J  & J

No comments:

Post a Comment