July 19, 2012

Gender Reveal Party for Baby R!!


We waited two whole LONG days after we went to Womb With A View to find out if we were having a boy or a girl! It was seriously SOOOO hard, especially since we had an envelope in our office with the sonogram pictures saying what the baby was! I never thought my willpower was that strong, Jordan tried to peek at the envelope as soon as we left lol We had already arranged to take the envelope to the woman who baked our wedding cake, we asked her to make a cake & fill it with either pink or blue depending on what the envelope said. So, she was the very first to know what Baby R was :) After we dropped the envelope off at her shop, we just looked at each other like "what do we do now?!" lol We had gotten a stuffed animal with our little babes heartbeat recorded inside of it, so I just kept listening to that on the way home :) We got home & I ran into our office & hid the envelope hoping I would forget where I put it! We didn't have any plans Friday night so that was a hard night. I had to be up early Saturday morning to go to a baby shower for a long time friend of mine named Brandy. I was gone most of the day because the shower was in Granite Bay, so that was definitely helpful, I'm sure if I was at home I would've peeked! Saturday night we went to our good friend Sean's bday party for a few hrs, so I'd say Saturday was definitely the easiest day ;) Sunday morning we got up & went to church. We left church a few minutes early to go pick up the cake, I was so anxious all the way there, even though we wouldn't be finding for a few more HOURS... ay yi yi! Sunday was definitely the hardest day! We got home & put the adorable cake in the fridge & used ALL of our willpower not to stick our finger in it & see what color the filling was! Jordan had decided to BBQ cheeseburgers for everyone, he chose to have everyone over at 5 because it had been so warm out, he thought if he had the party later, it might be cooler out. Waiting till 5 literally sucked. I was chomping at the bit. I definitely wasn't waiting until after we ate dinner to cut the cake! I told everyone to be there at 5 because I would be cutting the cake at 5:01! As usual, everyone showed up when the felt like it & I was getting pissed lol It was such a monumental thing we were finding out & I had already waited 2 days. I did really want all of our family to find out together, so I definitely don't regret having the party, I just wish I wouldn't have had to wait so long for everyone to arrive at our house :D So, after everyone had arrived... I was BEYOND anxious, it felt like my heart was beating a million beats per second. We were about to find out if we were going to have a son or a daughter!

I will let the rest of this story unfold with pictures...
He or She... what will it be??

The stuffed animal that has our little bebe's heartbeat inside of it :')

Are you TEAM PINK or TEAM BLUE?

Daddy voted boy.

Then Momma voted boy.

Don't peek!

Then Daddy changed his vote to girl, even though he was totally Team Blue! He said he was doing reverse psychology lol

Auntie Catrina made these adorable cupcakes :)

Ten Adorable Fingers... Ten Perfect Toes, Boy or Girl? Cut This Cake & You'll Know!

Couldn't wait to cut that cake!

Too cute!


It's a tie!

Momma is voting boy, Daddy is voting girl!

Auntie Catrina is voting both! lol



So anxious at this point!

Grandma Abeyta got this for us ;)

Auntie Catrina bought this one ;)

The moment arrived... it was finally time to cut the cake!

Here we go...


We were both definitely peeking at the knife when we pulled it out!

Look at how intensely Jordan is staring at the knife! lol We both definitely saw a little frosting!

Then we definitely saw a lot more frosting!


We switched places so I could hide the knife & so Jordan could pull out the piece of cake!

Just seconds away...

IT'S A BOY!!!!

Ya, we were a little excited!!

Happy kisses!

Checking to see what the envelope had in it...

Me: "Ohh, it's definitely a boy!"lol

Proud Daddy looking at the pictures of our little man!

Our audience ;)

BLUE BLUE BLUE!
Proud Grandma! :)

Proud Auntie's!

TEAM BLUE :)

Both teams :)

TEAM PINK :)  (They were sad that they guessed wrong lol)

18 vs 7       Daddy wrote "BOY WINS!!"

It was the most special day & certainly one we will never forget. God is great & we cant wait to meet our little man :)


Love & Blessings,
J & J

No comments:

Post a Comment