August 1, 2012

19 Weeks

At exactly 19 weeks we had our "20 week ultrasound" - we were both so excited to see our little man. With Kaiser, I believe they only give you 3 ultrasounds... so if we want to see him more than that, we have to go to Womb With A View. I always get so nervous before we go to the Dr, I just always want everything to be okay, especially since there is about 6 weeks between each Dr visit. I had my 20 week Dr appt. the day before & I got to hear his little heart beat, I could seriously listen to that ALL day. It is such a sense of relief. The Dr said everything sounded good. I found out that the annoying pain I had been having on my right side, which I had just assumed was gas (lol), was actually "Round Ligament Pain". The Dr said to take things easy, no heavy lifting & whenever I feel the pain I need to sit down & rest. Her advice has helped so far, I hope it stays that way :)  For the first 20 mins of the appointment I had to be by myself with the ultrasound tech so she could take all the pictures of the baby, that the Dr needed to make sure he was growing right & to make sure that he was healthy. After she was done taking all of those pictures, she went and got Jordan & my Mom. I didn't really like being in there by myself - especially since the ultrasound tech wasn't really saying anything, she was making nervous :-/ After my Jordan & my Mom came in, the tech turned the screen so we could all see the little man, I hadn't seen him either until that point. After that, the ultrasound became pure comedy. The little stinker was covering his face with his arm & hand. He would wiggle his fingers, he even gave us a thumbs up, but he wouldn't move his arm away from his face. The tech scrolled down to show us the rest of his body, and boy was he proud to show us his "boy parts", that was pretty much the only thing he wasn't shy about showing! ;D Of course Jordan thought it was hilarious! The tech tried & tried to get a good picture of his face, but he was being a shy boy. She finally decided to try one lastthing... she dropped the head of the bed down so my feet were above my head! I felt like I was going to slide right off the bed! lol My Mom held onto my feet, thank God ;) And just like that... I felt him squirming around & we all watched him completely do a 360 in my stomach, it was crazy cool! We finally were able to see his sweet little face, he even looked right at us once :)


19 Week - Side Profile    Jordan calls this his "fist pumping" picture ;)
Little man looking right at us :) His right eye is at the top of the picture.
His not so little feet, so much like his Daddy already ;)


How far along? 19 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 11 lbs... whoa Momma! ;) Dr said that I am right on track, which made me feel much better. She said I would probably gain more weight my 2nd trimester because I had such bad morning sickness during the 1st trimester.
Maternity clothes? Comfy, but cute... that's STILL my motto.
Stretch marks? Nope. Thank you, Jesus!
Sleep: Sleeping is what I look fwd to every night! lol
Best moment: Feeling stronger & stronger movements!
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Miss Anything? Fitting into some of my fav clothes lol
Movement: Getting stronger by the day.
Food cravings:  Hm... nothing is coming to mind.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just when I wait too long to eat :-/
Have you started to show yet: Thankfully starting to look more pregs than chubs lol
Gender: ALL BOY!
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy Momma :)
Looking forward to: Finally picking out the nursery decor!


And ta da... a new belly shot. I really had good intentions of using my adorable chalkboard every week, that unfortunately hasn't happened :( I'm really going to stick to using my chalkboard from now on, especially since I'm really starting to show. But for now, this picture we'll have to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment