June 8, 2011

Lessons learned...

Emotions... yuck. I often find myself trying to hide mine... I'm not all together sure why. Sometimes I guess I feel as if I can "deal with it" on my own. Since meeting Jordan, he has slowly but surely helped me to realize that it's okay to need a shoulder to cry on (especially his). With everything that has gone on in our life the past 9 months... I have had to cry on his shoulder more times than I could've ever dreamed. I know life wasn't meant to be perfect or happy all the time, then what would we have to look forward too? That's what heaven is for :) Life throws some serious curve balls, and can be very painful at times. That's why I also know God puts people in our lives for a reason... to help us grow, learn, heal, become better people, give, take, love, etc. I know that god put Jordan in my life, for many reasons. The reason I just listed, only being one of them. He has taught me so many things & I just love him so! As if you couldn't tell ;) Jordan has also said the same to me, which is indeed nice to hear. We feel that the relationship that we share with our Heavenly Father is an immeasurable gift, that we don't ever want to take for granted, for out of that relationship is how Jordan & I believe we found each other. After all, "We love because He first loved us." -1 John 4:19 So, if I can offer any piece of advice, let it be this... it's okay to need someone, you don't have to "deal with it" on your own.  Don't always try to handle everything on your own or hide your emotions. You don't always have to be strong. Let people in, let people love you, no matter how much you've been hurt by others in the past. And, don't ever forget how much God loves you & how much He always will. God's love is the ultimate love, He will never forsake you, He will never leave you. In your prayers, don't forget to thank Him, even if it's just for listening. He understands our prayers even when we cant find the words to say them. That's all for my ramblings today ;) -Jenna


Do to life's recent events, Jordan & I have found ourselves having to "check-in" with each other more lately... asking an extra "how are you feeling today?". I only speak for myself on this, but it has made me keenly aware of how much my happiness depends on Jordan's. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, it simply is. "I finally understood what true love meant... love meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be." -Nicholas Sparks These 2 quotes are also favorites of ours, we have blogged about them previously... "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu Always try & give more than you receive, and be gracious even when others are not. "If today were your last, would you do what you’re doing? Or would you love more, give more, forgive more? Then do so! Forgive and give as if it were your last opportunity. Love like there’s no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again." -Max Lucado


Well, that's all we have to share for now, so we will end with this... Thank you Jesus for dying so that we may LIVE. You are the truest & purest form of love. We pray that all may know His love & feel the fulfillment that a relationship with Him brings.


Love & Blessings,
J & J

No comments:

Post a Comment